Friday 11 December 2015

Assignment B - Storify

I absolutely love Storify! I will definitely be using it again and recommending it to others. It is such a fun tool for creating stories.

The topic I choose to explore is from Module 4: Writing for Social Media (Marketing). There is something about Module 4 that had me engaged and wanting more. It is probably because I am personally interested in starting or becoming a part of an online business that I deeply resonate with. I decided to focus on Facebook Marketing because there is only one assigned reading on this topic. In fact, my Storify assignment further explores one of the tips that Scott Ayres mentions in that assigned reading called 7 No-brainer Tips to Write an Awesome Facebook Post.

At first I was overwhelmed by all the information on Social Media Marketing, so I focused on Facebook Marketing. Even that was still too much so I narrowed it down to talking about one idea/tip. Some of the hashtags that I used were specific to the tip/idea and sometimes I would expand it a bit to keywords along the lines of "Facebook Marketing" or "Social Media Writing". Sometimes I would search on Google and then add it to Storify.

I intentionally tried to have different modes because this course has taught me that multimodality can increase engagement. Based on the class readings, I had to make sure the elements were concise, flowed well, and was relevant to my story. It became easier to figure out what to include and what not to include when I became more clear on what my story was about.

My Storify post does not give a "full picture" of my issue because it is just a glimpse of the topic. There is SO MUCH information out there about Social Media and Facebook Marketing. There is much more that needs to be explored especially since it is always changing so fast. This topic is a fascinating hot topic so I could use my Storify post as a starting point. There are many tips and ideas that I can expand on.

I hope you enjoy it.


No comments:

Post a Comment